We have ended up with an error in our program book.
Is you are attending Session 7: Neonatal Transfusion with Dr. Paul Eastvold we have the incorrect objectives listed in the booklet. Please see below for the accurate course description and objectives.
7. Neonatal Transfusion Practice Speaker: Dr. Paul Eastvold
Level of Instruction: Intermediate Sponsor: United Blood Services Contact Hours: 1.5
This lecture will cover most of the current transfusion practices in neonatology and will also cover some of the more contentious topics as politely as possible. Remember, blood is an organ a tissue in every right like the other tissues of the body, and it doesn’t like too many roller coaster rides (centrifugations) before it makes it to its destiny, the recipient
At the end of the session, the participant will be able to:
- Cover the more accepted transfusion practices for neonates and pediatrics
- Cover the science behind the reasons we should not be doing some of the things to blood products for neonates that we do
- Come to the end of the lecture with a healthy respect for the fact that human blood is an organ and it doesn’t like being “messed around with” too much before it gets to its final destiny, the recipient
Handouts should be posted on our password protected page.
Click here to go to that page, be sure to enter your password.
If there is not a handout listed below the Session, there is not a handout available yet.
We have our program booklet available!
Click here for the download
You can register for IMSS through mail by completing the form in the program booklet.
Or you can click here to register online.
Hope to see you all there!
Hope you are all enjoying summer and getting ready for National Conference and looking forward to IMSS this fall!
We have a few changes to our program and an updated program speaker list for you!
Click here for the most up-to-date Program!
Click here for our Program Speakers!
Click here for our Post-able Save the Date, please print this and post it in your lab to help spread the word!
Hope you are all looking forward to a great IMSS this year!
We have many beach themed events planned for you!
There will be a shuttle to take you to and from the Snow King and the Pavilion so you won’t have to miss out on any of the fun!
We will be kicking things off with “Catch the Wave” on Thursday morning.
Also on Thursday will be a Surfing Safari Luncheon with the Vendors and a Beach Party at night with a silent auction
On Friday we will have a “Surf’s Up Welcome and Awards” the High Tide Scientific Assembly and the Island Get-Away Banquet.
Sunday Morning we will be Hanging 10!
Click here for a printable schedule of events.
DATES HAVE CHANGED FOR IMSS!!!! The dates are now October 1-3, 2015 in Jackson, Wyoming.
Scientific Sessions for IMSS Catch the Wave include the following:
- Keynote Speaker Nadav Kaufman: Novel Biomarkers: Enhancing the Lab’s Value by Championing Improvements in Patient Care
- Lynne Garcia: Medical Parasitology – 1) The World Continues to Shrink AND 2) The Importance of STAT Testing in Medical Parasitology (2 sessions)
- Denise Driscoll, CAP: Meeting Competency Standards
- Sue Galindo & Dee Johnson: Education in the 21st Century!
- Keila Poulsen & Dawn Robertson: Hematology Extravaganza
- Marina Kazakevich: Cancer Stem Cells Theory
- Evelyn Graham: Platelets – Purpose, Pictures, and Problems
- Dr. Paul Eastvold: Neonatal Transfusion Practice
- Dr. Walter Kelley: Blood Bank Component Cruise
- Dr. Dorothy Adcock: 1) Coagulation Potpourri AND 2) Evaluation of Prolonged PT and PTT (2 sessions)
- Barbara Bachman: Workflow Analysis Using the LSS
- Jewell Zweegman: HANG TEN!
- Tony Gatherum: Molecular Testing in the Transfusion Service
- Adam Birks: Molecular diagnosis of Group A Streptococcus
- Dr. Joaquin Garcia: HPV and p16 Testing
- Theresa Joseph: Universal Definition of MI and Troponin
- Tina Mattox: Laboratory Forensics
- Les Edinboro: Prescription Drug Monitoring
Click here for a downloadable flyer for your lab!
September 30- October 3, 2015
A few of the speakers include (subject to change) Lynne Garcia: Parasitology, Nadav
Kaufman, Product Director, Clinical Labs Ortho: How the lab can change patient care by promoting new markers to identify kidney failure, Dr. Nathan Adams: Oncology coagulation, Denise Driscoll, CAP: Meeting Competency Standards. Susie Zanto: Microbiology; Hematology;
Management: Blood Bank and more!
Attendees this year can earn up to 14 Continuing Education Credits!
Click HERE to download the flyer to post in your lab!
Vendor registration is currently available.
If you are a vendor and would like more information about exhibiting at IMSS, please contact Amy Steinmetz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here for the Vendor Registration
Please save the dates for this year’s Intermountatin States Seminar in beautiful Jackson, Wyoming, in the shadow of the breathtaking Grand Tetons.
Dates for this year’s IMSS are September 30th through October 3rd, at the Snow King Lodge.
Stay tuned for more information!